Tuesday 11 November 2014

Snowball fight in Summer


Last weekend Jennifer held her second Frosty Festivities Event on her blog. I love her events as not only are full of inspiration & tutorial but its also all for free!

I made the above layout using several posts for inspiration.
I initially decided to use Elf as my movie inspiration (mentioned in THIS post), and wanted to use it with my summer snowball photos. Jennifer suggested starting with a title (post HERE) so I googled for some buddy the elf snowball quotes & came up with the one I used.

Though I could fit photos on a single layout I went with a double having read THIS post, and began looking for both christmassy & summery papers & embellishments. Having found some christmas wood patterned paper covered in dots which reminded me of snowballs, I cut it into strips (from THIS post) this gave it a look of planks of a fence or a sledge.

The title didnt really make sense without buddy though so I found an image of him & printed it out fairly large (20cms tall) finding inspiration from THIS & THIS post.

The page needed a bit more texture so I added half pearls, buttons & wrapped bakers twine around a photo (inspiration from HERE). I had some old wooden butterflies that I wanted to use but the colour of the wood clashed with the wooden paper panels so I took on THIS suggestion & painted them white.

I finished off by adding the PL cards, & journalling before sticking everything down

5 comments:

  1. your photo composition across the two pages is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this - the title is brilliant! I love all the little touches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fab double layout - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout....and love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you found so much inspiration from different posts! Great double-layout. The Buddy the Elf printout is just perfect, and I love the twine around the photo, and all the pearls! Thank you so much for joining in my Frosty Festivities challenge! x

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...