Saturday 30 May 2015

A nice surprise :)

Its currently a quiet saturday morning, the OH has gone to work, the kids are occupying themselves & I'm considering what I need to do for the day. As my eyes pass over my scrapbooking items that are piled up on the lounge table, it reminds me of the lovely time I had last weekend.

We'd been planning it for a few months now, a weekend of meeting up with our UKScrappers team mates and scrapping away. & finely the day had arrived.

A few of us had decided to gate crash Niki's crop she holds on a friday night, it also meant I could catch a 3pm train rather than a very early 7am train, I am NOT very good at getting up in the morning.

Fay gave me a lift from the train station, which helped my anxiety loads, and meant a very pleasant journey chatting away.

We arrived in time to help set everything up & dived straight in with scrapbooking. Ruth had kindly brought me a mug to use, I should say bought as she gifted me a new one ..... with a pink flower on it .... wrapped in pink tissue paper .... in a PINK beaded bag!!! Now I'm sure some of you are well aware that I'm not keen on pink. Some pink as a flash of colour is fine, great even (well I did have pink hair for quite a while), but I am not a pink girl. So Ruth & I have an ongoing joke over it.

We scrapped late into the night, with pizza delivered for tea before back to Niki's house where we were staying. I could have moved in there & then. Not only was the kitchen huge, the craft room well laid out & stocked but, the best thing, I got a super king sized bed to myself that was super comfy!

Up early the next morning, we all got ready. Ruth & Niki made excuses & left to open the hall we were using while Fay & I popped to the shops to grab some lunch for later.

We walked into the hall & what was I greeted by?...



White & pink bunting & pom poms, a table full of goodies (& pink), as well as my craft area totally pinkified!
The crafty things, led by Ruth & a pink theme, had organised a Baby Shower for me, perfect timing as on that day I was exactly 6 months pregnant. It was a lovely surprise.
.

We crafted until everyone had arrived & then I got to open my gifts. Ava & I have been well & truely spoilt. With gorgeous outfits, including pink PJs for me :D , toilettries, pink nappy sacks, a beautiful hand crocheted rabbit by Sheena & lots more. Then there was the food, Niki had made the cutest cupcakes which we ate with pink (of course) lemonade, & melt in the mouth buttery shortbread Sheena had made



Ruth said the PJs probably wouldnt fit yet but would be good for afterwards, well of course I had to try ;)

We played "guess how many bon bons in the baby beaker", I was 1 out, but Sue got it spot on.
There was also a "guess the baby" competition which Ruth won


The lovely Fay gave out little crafting goody bags, as did Ruth. Ruth also gave the challenge to use another little bag of goodies on a scrap page of our baby photos - I didnt manage mine but I'm still planning on doing it.

We had takeaway that night as well, I had KFC while everyone else had chinese (yes, I'm awkward!),


We left at 12 but stayed up until almost 2 looking through the silhouette store on Niki's laptop.

Ava thought 5:15 was a fab time for a kick about, waking me up to the sound of birds singing outside. That day went way too fast, in no time at all Fay & I were packing up. We did get a team photo done though, yay!


While waiting for my train exhaustion suddenly hit, a happy kind of "I'm going to sleep for a week".

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend - and a fab surprise too! Pink, eh? Hmmmm...
    Nice to see Ruth and Fay in the photos - hello! So glad you had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely blog post capturing all the events and it wasdefinitely a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...