Tuesday 21 April 2009

Hot Cookie Dough....

....Like the sort Pizza Hut makes
Hot cookie dough is a huge, freshly cooked choccy chip cookie, slightly firm on the outside but still gooey on the inside, served with a couple of scoops if vanilla ice cream.

My partner & I had this at Pizza hut & thought it was delicious, but rather pricey for what it was, so I set myself a mission to make it myself. I found a similar recipe on line & with a bit of playing have made it as similar as I can (though less salty). Heres the finished recipe;-

1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup soft brown sugar & granular sugar (about 50/50, I do it by eye)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract/flavouring
1 large eggs
1 packet choc chips

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Gradually beat in flour, then Stir in choc chips.
5a. Scoop into an ovenproof dish & bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until slightly golden brown. Cool in dish on a wire rack.

Variation:
5b. Scoop into as many oven proof dishes as necessary, I use 2 square ones, 6x6" from Poundland. You will have to reduce the cooking time slightly & keep checking.


1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhh how did I miss this post? Just saw it under your recent post! Never even heard of this before - sounds yummmmmmmmmmmy!

    Will try when I've lost a bit more weight ;)

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...