Tuesday 13 September 2011

Dragon Light Shade

Lilac light shade with a red room, as churchill says "oh no no no no no no no", a change was needed.

So I took the material off to leave the hoop that fastens to the bulb socket, and made another hoop the same size out of florist wire and masking tape.
I then took 4 sticks of florist wire and hooked the ends, making sure they were all the same size.
And attached them to the hoops with masking tape
Get some large sheets of tissue paper, cover it with a solution made up of 50% water, 50% white glue. Now, carefully, cover the sides of the "lampshade" with it. Repeat 3 or 4 times.
If you want a design on the light do it at this stage. I traced some chinese dragons onto a sheet of tracing paper and coloured them in before attaching them to the lamp.
I tried using spray glue, thinking it wouldnt be as wet as normal glue so the colours wouldn't run. My spray glue was awful, not only wouldnt it spray properly, but the gloopy mess that did come out coloured the tissue paper yellow & made the picture run.
Having finished attaching my dragons I then discovered I had stuck them on upside down, aghhhhhhhhh! So I cut all the tissue paper off & attached it with masking tape.
I then hid the masking tape with thick black tape - its not what I wanted to do but it did work.
Tada, one light shade

2 comments:

  1. Thats brilliant K, another home makeover masterpiece. The reference to Churchill made me snigger too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is gorgeous K - even if it wasn't what you saw in your head! (Know that one!) Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...