Monday 10 January 2011

Different Flavoured Drizzle Cakes

Having mentioned trying different flavoured syrups on Drizzle Cakes before I finally got around to it.
Bottom left is a chocolate cupcake with orange syrup drizzled over and topped with orange icing.
I made the syrup by melting sugar with freshly squeezed orange juice.
I came up with this idea after Carmen mentioned wanting to try orange drizzle cake.
I was hoping for a choccy orange taste but all we got was a very moist chocolate cake, it was lovely but I wanted it to have an orange taste to it, which it didnt. Next time I'll add orange zest to the cake mix

Bottom right is a chocolate cupcake with vanilla syrup drizzled over and topped with chocolate butter-icing.
I made the syrup by melting sugar with vanilla flavouring.
This cupcake was rather yummy, a chocolatey taste with a subtle hint of vanilla.

Top is a mocha with cream cake! Its a chocolate cupcake with coffee syrup drizzled over, topped with vanilla buttercream icing and a light dusting of cocoa powder.
I made the syrup by adding warm water to coffee granules before heating with sugar until it turned into syrup.
This was my favourite cake. It had a lovely mocha taste, with the "cream" topping making it feel rather indulgent.

2 comments:

  1. oooh these look YUMM - I like the look of the Mocha one too. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so yummy! I especially like the sound of the mocha, I think this would be my favourite too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...