Wednesday 11 May 2011

Quilting a card

I was honoured when I was asked to be a Guest Designer on the Creative Craft World - The Challenge Blog this week.
The card challenge for this fortnight is "Anything but square"
As soon as I saw "Just Ted with Heart", from this fortnights Sponsor - The Crafty Pad Designs, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with him ....
I printed out his image before tracing him onto white cotton fabric & added wadding underneath. I then embroidered around the design to "quilt" him, making him slightly 3d. The hearts are made out of felt that I cut out & sewn on.

I cut an oval from some navy blue card & glued this to the material as a frame. I added a sticker bow & the word "congrats" before applying onto a white card (unfortunately you cant see the white border with my white blog background) & finally sewing a border.

I think the last time I tried this technique, or any kind of embroidery, was when I was 14, more than half my lifetime ago, so I'm quite pleased at how well it turned out.

Fancy having a go at the challenge? Hows about an insentive of possibly winning 5 digital images from The Crafty Pad? The theme is "Anything but Square" and runs from May 11th until May 24th.
Head on over to & join in.

5 comments:

  1. Such a stunning card K , I knew that you would do the team proud. :O)
    Thankyou so much for joining us as a GDT member this week

    Choccy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely unusual card. It's fab to have a new face joining us for a while on the CCW DT:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea! Gosh, it must have taken you an age to do all that stitching, you must be very patient! Anyway - it's a lovely card, and very nice to have you with us as a guest designer.
    Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card really caught my eye dear! Must have taken a lot of time! But then it is soooo worth it because the card is awesome! Thanks for joining us! xxx Nora

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely! So pleased to have you join us at Creatiove Craft World.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...