Sunday 17 June 2012

Cards: Alcohol inks & Encaustic Art

We had an arty lesson on the cardmaking course, with chalks, stamps, inks, encaustic art and more to play with, this was the lesson I was most looking forward to & it did not disappoint.

I loved playing with the alcohol inks, dotted onto dabbers along with a blending solution & dabbed onto photo paper or shiney paper.
Once dry I either used it to stamp on or as a background...


These are toppers I created, ready for putting on cards


I embossed some silver card with this one before inking it, I love this embossing folder. I coloured in the digi stamp with promarkers to match the colours on the card & layered it onto black card.

I used this technique again with this card....

...but this time the digi stamp is mounted onto some encaustic art I did and a ribbon I ruffled. I have to admit, I'm not very good at encaustic art yet, though it is only my second time trying it (first time was 8 years ago), I look forward to practising it some more in the future (anyone want to buy me a starter kit, lol).
Trying putting the wax onto an embossed surface, I'm not sure what I'll do with it but I think it looks pretty cool.

Trying the 2 techniques together, first encaustic & then inking. Not yet finished yet, I think a stamped image in the centre in black or similar to complete it.

I would like to enter the purple card into the "Just inspirational challenge" week 33

6 comments:

  1. They are brill, K. You do some interesting techniques at this craft group, I stopped going to one of mine as everybody else did knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! I've never tried encaustic art but it looks interesting.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty awesome technique. :) Everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creations ~ all are very creative and you seems to like the process ~ thanks, ^_^ ( A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have been busy K .. Love all your creations. Especially your purple card which is perfect for the challenge over at Just Inspirational this week. Thanks for joining us and hope to see you back next week
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loads of cards too I see - well done! I tried encaustic art once and didn't like the complete lack of control I had! I love that red one with the clock face though - stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...