Sunday 25 July 2010

Summer Fun Box

With being a "scrapper" I collect leaflets, newspaper clippings, tickets and anything else that I can use on my pages or will jog my memory. Until the page is done these normally hang around in a large tub or plastic bags, both of which are impractical in their own way, so when I came across a battered box while sorting out my craft cupboard (yes again) I knew it would be perfect. But it couldnt just be left as it was now could it!















I covered it all in silver sticky back plastic and then started decorating it. I dont normally use sequins like this , specially not this high but I wanted a lot of texture.



I wanted almost a beach type feel, full of warmth and movement.
I used scrabble tiles to reflect the games & activities we do during the Summer holidays.



I would like to enter this into the Creative Craft World Holiday Challenge

10 comments:

  1. This is fantastic what a great idea love all the sequins. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft World & good luck in the draw.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeoous box, good luck with the draw xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love it, love it! And my fave thing, flourishes! What a fun thing to have too. Really liking that idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh K it's gorgeous. You've certainly achieved the look you were going for - love all those sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab idea to treasure memories.

    Thankyou for joining us at Creative Craft World for our holiday fun challenge. You have deffinately stepped out of your comfort zone.
    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely box, thats a great idea, might give that a go myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a fan of sequins but I might be now as the way you have used them is so evocative of the sea! Fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh K, this is amazing, love all those sequins and the shells are perfect. You captured the beach theme perfectly!

    Sorry about the linky problem over on the challenge blog but you will still be eligible for the prize - I promise!

    Thanks for joining us over at Creative Craft World for our HOLIDAY challenge.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. THat's fantastic! Thanks so much for taking the time to enter our challenge over at Creative Craft World.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Congratulations, you won!! Well deserved! x

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...