Wednesday 14 March 2012

Cardmaking: first steps lesson 1

As some of you may already know I have started attending a first steps card making course. Lynne (our teacher) shows us a few example cards, shows us how to make them & then we can make our own either copying hers or doing our own.

This is the first one I made, using pretty papers, die cutters, embossing folders, card candi, punches & a little bit of lace.

Looking at the pretty papers Lynne had brought with her I got the idea for this card.
The image on the left is cut out of patterned paper. I also used nesties in the same sheet to get the border for "Make a wish". The crown is a layered sticker. Finally, "make a wish" is a rub on that I used on some off white paper, then cut out by hand to match the nestie (there wasnt one that would ideally fit). I finished off my drawing with pen the border onto this & layering up.

On the inside is simply says "Happy Birthday"

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards K. If those are the first steps I can't wait to see what you do later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I thought you were a long established card maker, these are fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice too! I like how you have the confidence to make your own labels or embellishments and to use hand-drawn or written elements too.
    The blue and white card looks so fresh and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTG K!! In total agreement with the others..if these are the "first steps" I can't wait to see what you make next!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow they are both utterly gorgeous, love the colour combination on the second one - glad you're enjoying your venture into cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow loving the teapot embellishment, alot of paper piecing here K, gr8 work. especially loving the blue and white colours,
    jo xxx

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...