Saturday 17 December 2011

The Perfect Gift...

...thats the aim when we go buying presents, frequently things get in the way though, price, avalibility and probably the worst mistake, misinterpretation, & getting the wrong one. I find the last ones the worst as I'd get soooooooo excited at the thought of their face when they see it & then the disappointment of their disappointment.
But sometimes, just sometimes, with a lot of listening & a bit of luck that perfect gift is achievable, & I think we might have one of those this year, or maybe even 2 of them :-O Of course I cant say who or what just incase they read this, though I dont think they do.

I've had a few gifts over the years that were perfect for me, but probably the most important & memorable one was on Christmas Day 2005

We were going to Christmas dinner at Ryans parents, he'd already told me that my Christmas present was there, a tv for my craft room, as it was too heavy for him to carry home. It sounded a bit suss to me as his parents bring the kids presents over in the car on Christmas eve anyway, but I went along with it.

We arrived, settled down & Ry told me to close my eyes & hold my hands out. I heard he & his Mom whispering & I was told to open my eyes. I looked round, his Mom was in tears & so was his sister. There in front of me was Ryan on bended knee holding out a ring in a box asking me to Marry him.


6 comments:

  1. Awww - how wonderful K - you have a sweet sweet man there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Goosebumps! Goosebumps!

    Whoever has to beat that gift has a way to go :)

    I know what you mean about being so excited about finding a perfect gift only to have that disappointment at getting it soooo wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an amazing present - how wonderful - a lovely happy memory for this time of year

    Must hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! And what a lovely way you were dressed when you got your ring too. Great that you had the moment captured on film to always remember it. A perfect "Perfect Gift". x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly the perfect gift..and how romantic!!! And wonderful that you have it on film too.
    Just hoping that my gifts this year are "the right ones".
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really is present for life, not just for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...