Friday 11 December 2009

On the 10th day of Christmas I gave to Choccy & Furry...

...2 scented bath bombs


I was lucky enough to have been given some bath bomb moulds by my MIL, one large and a smaller one. I'd wanted to try making my own for ages but this gave me the perfect opportunity.

I made the bath bomb mix and added Fairy Dust scent and a small amount of red colouring. It was quite hard trying to work out the right consistence until I saw on a youtube clip to squeeze some of it in your hand and drop into the bowl from a foot high, if it breaks up its not damp enough, if it stays whole your onto a winner.

I pushed it into the moulds, the next problem was trying to get the 2 halves to stick together. By just pushing them together it didnt work, so I tried spraying a bit of witch hazel on one half to "stick" them together. As long as I sprayed a small amount it worked, too much and it fizzed, making it impossible to stick together.

I removed them from the moulds and left to one side to dry.
When dry I wrapped them in clingfilm to help maintain the smell and prevent them getting wet.

To see what I received check out my other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...